Saturday 2 June 2012

The New 40K Flyers

Everybody is buying them!

Copyright Games Workshop
The Orc Bomber, the Space Marine Storm Talon and the Necron Doom Scythe are all released today.

Copyright Games Workshop
I'm not sure about the Storm Talon. Game-wise I'm led to believe you don't get that much bang for your buck and design-wise I've never been happy with the Space Marine flyers and skimmers ever since they redesigned the Land Speeder the first time around. In fact I'd go as far as to say I really don't like the design of any of the flyers. Everything is too squished and chunky.

I am loving the new Ork flyers though.
Copyright Games Workshop
The fact they look like proper planes has me wanting to buy them just to build and paint them. They have everything they could possibly have that shouts 'Ork!' without kitting them out with huge pointy toothed lower jaws or adding powerfists to the wingtips.

The simplicity of the Doom Scythe really appeals to me as a painter. It also terrifies my as a painter but thats another issue completely. As with a lot of things 40k it's really easy to see where their influences came from with this one. It would be hard not to notice the resemblance to a Cylon Raider from the reboot of Battlestar Galactica.

Copyright Games Workshop

From The Warp has a great post about painting and assembling the new flyers so head over there and check it out if you already have one of the new flyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment